April 3, 2013

wardrobe staples for spring

Spring is one of my favorite seasons and I'm so glad it's here! Well, it was here... the past two days have been rainy, cool, and dreary! Sun, come back please! I've been under the weather for the past couple of days, and thought that dreaming about these cheery spring pieces would serve as a little pick-me-up!  :)
Here's my list of seven wardrobe staples for the spring season. And each piece is classic enough that it could be worn year after year!

1. A trench coat! Nothing seems more spring-y to me than a trench coat! I mean, you have to wear something to stay dry in those "April showers". This blush colored one from JCP is super feminine and fun!

2. A lightweight scarf. The pastel colors and the airy fabric of this H&M one keeps it from being a cold winter weather reminder!

3. A pastel watch. Because a watch is easier that constantly digging your phone out of your purse to check the time, and because a pastel colored one, like this one from JCP, screams spring.

4. A comfy maxi skirt. This knit one from Target looks super comfortable and the neutral gray color makes pairing it with printed tops and bright colors a breeze.

5. A floral frock. So you can match the all the pretty spring flowers blooming of course. This floral beauty from ModCloth features beautiful flutter sleeves which are flattering and fun!

6. Cute sunglasses. In the spring (thanks to daylight savings) we have more hours of  sunlight making it extra important to shade those eyes! These coral and gold aviator shades from Forever 21 are only $5.80 - inexpensive sunnies are important for me as I'm always misplacing/breaking mine!

7. Last but not least, a bright bag. Nothing chases away lingering cold weather blues like switching out your black/brown bag with a cheery colored one like this Holonk bag from Aldo.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I love this post! Such beautiful colours! I think im going to buy that watch in light green X
    Cheers X

    http://lottiloveslondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    Would you like to follow me? I have been following you for a while :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I love spring time and all the colors! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover