October 9, 2011

making mom's chili


Ahh...it's chili season! Even though the weather is still a bit warm here, I decided that I would go ahead and make chili! It's definitely one of my favorite things about fall and winter weather! My all time favorite chili recipe is my mom's..and I suspect it will always be. Her chili is not terribly spicy and it's just a little bit sweet. It doesn't have chili beans in it like a lot of chili recipes, but instead uses dark red kidney beans...YUM!

Would you like to make some?!


mom's chili recipe 

1 onion
2 lbs hamburger
2 cans dark red kidney beans
1 small can tomato paste
1 to 2 quarts tomato juice
2-3 tsp white vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
chili powder to taste


then....

chop and sauté the onion
add hamburger and brown (also add salt and pepper) Pampered Chef makes this awesome hamburger chopper thing, my mom gave it to me, and it is my favorite kitchen utensil! It acts like a spoon and a chopper all in one!
add in can of tomato paste, tomato juice, kidney beans, vinegar, and brown sugar--stir together
season with chili powder to taste, cover and let simmer for 45 minutes
Sprinkle some cheese on top and crunch up a few crackers! Sit back and enjoy!
 can I say YUM?!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm! That looks delicious! Such a great fall meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thanks for following too! :)I can't wait to try some of the recipes on your blog..they look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover