October 31, 2011

over the weekend

Mmm...pumpkin spice cookies. This was my first time making this type of cookie but I'll definitely be making them again! It seemed like the perfect sweet treat to make for this time of the year! This weekend was Harding University's homecoming and I didn't even go to any of the festivities (the football game, homecoming musical, etc)...it's kind of sad really...especially since it's my first year as an alumnae and since we still live so close! But, I was busy working and I also had the privilege of going to a friend's wedding in beautiful Eureka Springs, AR. My husband's family was up for a visit with us from Atlanta, GA and since my husband had already committed to spending Saturday with his parents, I ventured off to historic Eureka Springs by myself. It was a beautiful drive, full of rich autumn colors and it's times like these that really put me in awe of God's handiwork! I forgot my camera (of course) so I couldn't document the beautiful wedding and reception, or even some of the scenic drive...but I wouldn't have been able to snap pictures while I was driving anyway....that wouldn't be safe now would it! :)

My friend got married in the beautiful Thorncrown Chapel which is nestled in a woodsey area and has all glass sides! Sooo pretty!! Wish I had remembered my camera! 
source
Then for the wedding reception, we all headed over to the Crescent Hotel and Spa located on the historic loop of Eureka Springs. This hotel was so beautiful! Built in the 1800s, it is rumored to be haunted by ghosts! But, no fear, I didn't see any! :)
source
On Sunday, we all headed to church then ate lunch and visited the remainder of the afternoon! That was my weekend! How was yours? Were Halloween costumes involved? I kept hoping for trick-or-treaters to come visit our apartment this evening, but we didn't have a single one! Oh well...maybe next year! :)

Happy Halloween Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover