October 18, 2011

soup for a rainy day...or any day

 it's been rainy and cool all day today...a perfect excuse to make soup in my opinion! I made spicy chicken bean soup (a recipe I got from my mom) and it's so delicious, I just had to share! It's super easy-peasy too! It's a little bit spicy and a lot yummy!

want to make some?


Here's what you'll need...
(use same size cans for all)
1 can red beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can white beans/Great Northern (drained and rinsed)
1 can corn (drained)...I forgot to drain mine, oops!
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg taco seasoning (mild, medium, or hot...totally up to you!)
1 pkg dry Ranch dressing
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts























the how to:
Put chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot, mix all other ingredients together, then pour on top of chicken. Put on crock pot lid and cook on high approx 3 hours or until chicken is done. Or, cook it on low for approx 8 hours or however long it takes for the chicken to be fully cooked. When chicken is cooked, remove from crock pot and shred, then return to soup mixture and that's it! I love how you can just throw the ingredients in the crock pot and the soup pretty much makes itself! :)
















This soup sure warmed me right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover