March 5, 2012

ready-to-wear re-create: a floral frock

I made this pretty floral flock with some beautiful cotton fabric that my Aunt gave me! I've had the fabric since August, but couldn't decide what to make with it... until a couple weeks ago! TC and I were strolling through the mall, and there I saw it, the perfect inspiration dress. Displayed in the store window of Maurices, the dress called out to me, 'make me, make me!' And so I did, using the Simplicity 2360- Project Runway pattern that I already had! Super easy and totally wearable! I didn't make it exactly like the dress from Maurices...I didn't want the high-low hem but wanted a v-neck and inseam pockets! Best part?! It's handmade! And that my friends, makes for a feeling of satisfaction and happiness that no amount of shopping can replicate! :)



2 comments:

  1. Miss Anna, you are one talented young woman!!! Love you to pieces!
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover