April 26, 2015

vintage inspired swimsuit




I've been wanting a high-waisted swimsuit, but all the ones I have seen in stores are either too expensive (I can't help it, I'm cheap!), or I'm just not crazy about the pattern. I decided that I would just make my own, that way I could tailor it specifically for me! I drafted the pattern for the bottoms from a pair of my well-fitting underwear and just extended the waist upwards. I cut an even longer separate piece for the front center so that I could gather it which then formed the ruched panel. For the top I used the 1950s vintage inspired Simplicity pattern 1426 and made top C. My top is slightly roomy in the cup area (even after adding bikini lining pads) so next time I would size down. But, I'm super happy with how it turned out! For those curious about the fabric, I ordered it online from The Fabric Fairy which has a great selection of swimsuit knits! I also ordered some yellow fabric with white polka dots to make a swimsuit for Jensen! Now our pool just needs to open up for the season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover