July 2, 2018

a new big girl bed for Jensen







Well after being crammed in her crib-converted-to-day-bed for the past couple years we finally upgraded Jensen's bed to a twin sized loft bed..it's about time..she turns FIVE six months from now. She is so thrilled with her new place space underneath, the cool canopy top, and her updated crafting space! What can I say..she gets her crafty from her mama. :) I thought I would share what her room looks like now - most of the decor is still the same as her nursery when we lived in TX - I just rearranged when we moved to Little Rock a couple years ago and have been slowly adding to it over the years.
I had planned on switching out the pink canopy for a white one that I made because originally I felt the pink was way too much.. then I put the the white canopy on and her bed looked like she was in a covered wagon on the Oregon trail - so I switched it back! haha. I made tassel edged curtains for underneath the loft bed and Jensen loves to sit under there and play with them pulled shut. It's amazing how much more time she spends playing in her room now! I customized the bed a bit more by putting up cute printed scrapbook paper on the bed panels- my inexpensive hack for wallpaper that only cost $7. There are tons of cute options for bed decals on Etsy if your budget allows for that and you don't want to go the DIY route. Her toy box is at one end of the play area and the shelf with cubbies between the wall and the bed allows for some added storage (aka Hide The Mess! am I right?!). My mom made Jensen the beautiful triangle pattern quilt and I love it hanging at the end of the bed so that it can really be seen. TC's parents found the small table and chairs from a flea market a couple years ago and this past weekend I FINALLY got around the re-painting them this cute teal color called 'Ocean Mist'. They were previously a dark, brownish red so this was a much needed update! On the wall above her craft table is a little area for displaying her art work that I made from strips of wood and mini, colored clothespins. Cute, functional, and beats the taping-directly-to-the-walls method I was previously using... The little scalloped shelves were a thrift find and make the perfect home for her little goat stuffed animals that I think are ridiculously adorable.

This is such a happy room and it fills me with joy that I was able to create it for Jensen. We love playing, reading, and learning in here!

Kura bed  | Checkerboard rug | Ballerina Doll | Batman Nightlight | Chalkboard/dry erase easel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover