July 5, 2012

red, white, & blue

Hello! Did you all have a fantastic fourth of July? This year was the first year ever that I've celebrated fourth of July with the absence of fireworks...which is kind of strange, really. Unfortunately, almost the whole state of AR is under a burn ban..which means we might have got strapped with a hefty fine had we decided to light up the night sky with fireworks! Instead, we celebrated with my husband's grandparents by just relaxing, talking, and eating some juicy watermelon! Oh..and mainly staying indoors as temperatures were well up over 100 degrees! Come on RAIN! While hunting through my closet the only red garment I could find was a red jacket! um no thanks to that in this heat! I settled for this festive top (hey it has red in it!) that I thrifted long ago (altered by me--it previously had long, frumpy sleeves and a really high collar) paired with my blue denim skinnies! Happy Thrifted Thursday! :)

outfit details:
blouse/thrifted and altered, blue skinny jeans/bisou bisou for JCP, wedges/JCP, nail color/OPI 'Cajun Shrimp'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover