March 12, 2016

Sweet in Scallops - a new spring dress for Jensen

I haven't been sewing a whole lot lately, but I did make Jensen a new spring/Easter dress this past week! The floral fabric is from Hobby Lobby and the Pink Polka Dot fabric is from Joann's. I just love the look of scallops on little girls so I knew I wanted to incorporate a scalloped collar for sure. Jensen doesn't have any dresses with pockets, so I thought it would be fun to make this one with patch pockets that have scallops on the top edges! I made this scalloped dress for her last year. Here are some dresses I pinned for inspiration - but honestly, I like the dress I just made the most! ;) I didn't use a pattern for the dress or the bloomers so I'm very pleased with how it turned out! It's so rewarding when the vision that I have in my mind turns out perfectly!!! :)
The dress closure is an invisible zipper and I also made a matching diaper cover with the leftover fabric (I barely had enough!!). I liked the look of the dress without sleeves, but since she'll be wearing it more in the Spring than the Summer I really preferred it to have sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover