March 15, 2013

an updated ottoman

I've been wanting an ottoman for our living room for quite a while now. I wanted one that sits low to the ground because our couch sits low, and I also wanted one that had storage inside, but I wasn't willing to pay over $15...yep, I'm cheap! :) While out thrifting the other day I finally found the perfect ottoman! Well...except for the hideous fabric and the fact that it was stained and really worn-out looking! But, hey, I love projects! I used left over fabric from when I re-covered our dining room chairs. The fabric is navy and white Moroccan print and I also made black piping. Black and navy isn't my favorite color combination , but our couch is black so I wanted to tie that color in somehow - and this article I recently read affirms the combo! :) I really like how it turned out! Here are a few before and after photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover