November 14, 2011

an early weekend of thanks!




Thanksgiving came a little early in our house! My parents came to visit, and since my husband and I aren't going to be able to visit them on actual Thanksgiving day, we decided to have an early celebration here. It's never bad to be Thankful twice anyways! My younger brother lives in the same town we do because he attends college here, so he was around for the fun too! He's over here a lot anyways..our apartment is his home-away-from-home I think :) We enjoyed eating delicious crock-pot turkey, sweet potato casserole (so sweet it was more like dessert!), green beans with 'lil smokies, my mom's homemade crescent rolls, and pumpkin pie (my absolute favorite)! Other weekend fun included long walks and enjoying the pretty fall leaves on the trees, Christmas shopping and gift wrapping, trying on furry hats, eating at Shorty Smalls in Little Rock (though my husband wasn't able to come with us he recommended the mozzarella sticks...and let me tell you, they are huge! but oh so yummy), and just spending time together all weekend! It was wonderful!


what are your Thanksgiving plans?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover