October 4, 2016

fall home tour

Come on in! and can I just say that I love Autumn? Pumpkin pie, sweaters and boots, the changing leaves, ahh all of it! Today I'm sharing a few photos of our apartment all decked out in full out fall! I made myself wait until late September to start pulling out my autumn decor, but really I was itching to start half-way through August. I know that's a bit ridiculous though! Hardly any of my decor is new this year, I just repurposed a few things, wrote new sayings on my chalkboards, and printed a couple freebie fall printables. I did sew a new runner, fabric napkins, and place mats for our table and got a few new faux floral stems and autumn berry type garland for 60% off plus a 25% off coupon at Joann's - score! (This girl can't afford real flowers in the apartment all the time!) Do you like fall as much as I do?!

Aren't those brown, floral pillows awesome? I thrifted them for $4 each back when we were living in Dallas. They're even stuffed with down/feathers not just a cheap synthetic pillow form! Changing out my pillow covers is one of the changes I make each season! I made all these covers a couple years back and just keep reusing them!
Chalkboard thrifted several years ago and 'Autumn Welcome' banner made a couple years ago by stenciling letters onto scrapbook paper.
We're in a rental and the kitchen cabinet color is not one that I would choose myself, but I'm living with it! This kitchen doesn't lend it's self well to do a lot of decorations but I did hang a wreath I made, put a faux-floral arrangement together in this cute mustard vase I thrifted, and put some fall leaf-garland up on top of the cabinets and it'll do!

This is our small (multipurpose) dining room- here we also house our ikea bookshelves! Since we don't have a mantle, these bookcases get decorated as one! The cream and gold artwork is actually a piece of fabric remnant stapled to a regular painters canvas! I made the 'Give Thanks' banner from stenciled scrapbook paper and some wide, burlap ribbon. The pumpkins on the bookcases are from Hobby Lobby a couple years ago. The small chalkboard sign is from Target's dollar spot and the pumpkin candy dish is sadly empty right now because we're in the middle of doing the Whole 30! As soon as it's over you can better believe there will be some kind of chocolate or candy corn in there! ha ha
Some new faux-floral stems mixed in with ones I previously had look great in this Farm Fresh bucket that I thrifted years ago. The me-made runner, placemats, and fabric napkins coordinate perfectly! I always end up moving them all out of the way though before we eat because I don't actually want to spill food on them! Happy Fall Y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your comments brighten my day and make me smile! Thanks for reading!

Pin It button on image hover